TR4 Wind shield wiper abbreviated swing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Wind shield wiper abbreviated swing
From: "william.f.daehler" <william.f.daehler@delphi.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:26:25 -0500
I appreciate that the motor runs at all, considering how old the car is,  but I
am really puzzled why the wiper blades swish back and forth with such an
abbreviated swing. The blades don't clear off much of the glass at all,  just
the middle section, with both blades fairly vertical.

A possible clue to the malfunction is when I turn off the motor, the blades do
not go home, and lay down in the scuppers,  but sit up about a quarter  of the
way from home.

Should I move to Arizona?  Colorado?  Can someone on the list diagnose this
abbreviated swing?   Should I stop driving in the rain? Whatup?

Will Daehler
63 TR4
WISCONSIN

Note:  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.