Re: TR4 running too (?) cool

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 running too (?) cool
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:14:36 -0700
Kurtis wrote:

> Steven, I noticed much more drastic temperature changes shortly after
> installing my sleeved thermostat; however, things seem to have settled
> down a bit now.  Could it be that the yellow fan at high RPMs is doing
> a much more efficient job of cooling at 30-50 mph than the air ram
> effect at faster highway speed and lower RPMs?  Just a guess.

Seems to me that if your engine temps drop well below your tstat rating
then either 1) the tstat isn't closing as it should 2) the temp gauge or
sender is faulty or 3) you're running downwhill.

No matter how efficient your fan and radiator I would expect the the
temp to stay at least as high as the temperature rating of the
thermostat (since a closed thermostat blocks the fan and radiator
combination).

Geo Hahn