RE: TR 3A Brakes

To: "David Willett" <willgray@mail.region.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 3A Brakes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:22:30 -0700
> Help! I have just completed the installation of the brake system in
> my rebuilt 3A,including new pads and pistons at the front discs, new
> shoes and wheel cylinder parts at the rear, new break lines.
>   I have bled the system (I'm using DOT 5 fluif) .However I find that
> the brakes do not fully release after pedal pressure has been
> applied, and the rear brake lights remain illuminated. What Have I
> Done (or Not Done) Wrong??

What happens if you loosen the outlet fitting at the MC ?

Did you disassemble and clean the residual pressure valve ?

The RPV would be my first suspect (it's supposed to hold the front brakes on
slightly, although not enough to trip the brake light switch).  Second would
be problems at the MC, either the pushrod adjusted a bit too long or
possibly the MC assembled wrong.

Randall