GT6 wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 wheels
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:46:38 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

I was wondering what size of wheels/tires people have put on their GT6s.
Successfully.

There is a local person selling some 14" alloy wheels with P185/70R14 tires on
them. These are a bit bigger than the P175/70R13s my GT6 came with and I was
wondering what the maximum sizes for wheel and tire combinations are that could
be used on the car. I am trying to get just a little more oomph out of cruising
speed without a lot of money having to leave my wallet (the wheels in question
are going for $150), and also to make the wheels look nicer than the stock
steel wheels.

I've asked the seller the obvious questions on offset, etc. and await his reply
because I am sure these dimension would make a difference on useability on the
GT6. I am also willing to replace the tires with something else since I will be
due for new tires next year anyway.

Any experiences that can help me out? Should I just go and 'try them on' for
size?

TIA.

Cameron
'71 GT6