Re: TR-6 Emergency hood release installed

To: gganoung@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Emergency hood release installed
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:05:25 -0400
Hi,

I installed one from Macy's Garage recently as well as making an
additional one for someone else.  The one I bought installed just fine
with the exception that it could be pulled too far down so that the
latch had passed beyond the release tab on the original hood release
mechanism.  I solved this by drilling a hole and inserting a small bolt
to act as a stop for the emergency hood release mechanism.  Everything
worked perfect at that time.  On my friends car the one I made was from
thicker stock.  The thicker stock combined with some thicker welds on
his stock hood release meant a little extra grinding on the back of the
emergency release.  I just ground off some material at a 45 degree
angle to allow the piece to sit flush against the side of the original
hood release and everything looks like it will work fine.  I am not
sure if my friend has installed his yet.  He plans on using the extra
bolt as a stop also.

I think there are many different ways that the lever could be made and
as long as you are pleased with how your final product looks and it
works as intended then you should be fine.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108