heat shields and hoses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: heat shields and hoses
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:36:30 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

I have several (related?) questions. In the last month or so there has been
some discussion on heat shields for TR carbs. Can anyone offer a photo of one
on a car cuz I don't quite follow how they would be mounted. Could heat
build-up in the carbs be the reason my GT6 is hard to start when it is hot?
And, in some GT6 photos and manuals I've seen hoses coming off the air filter
housing going to the front of the car. Are these to provide cool, clean air to
the carbs as opposed to the hot, dirty air under the hood? Where do these hoses
attach at the other end (no picture or manual I've seen shows the other end)?

Curious in Canada

Cameron
'71 GT6