Re: Used tonneau

To: wsteinman@pogolaw.com, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Used tonneau
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:34:55 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/2005 11:44:23 AM Central Standard Time,
wsteinman@pogolaw.com writes:
> Howdy all.  I've got an opportunity to buy a good but used tonneau for
> my 250.  Am I crazy to buy a used tonneau, given how our cars each have
> a "unique" personality in terms of fit and finish?  Am I better off
> spending the extra money to buy a new one and install the snaps myself?

Depends on how much you are going to pay for this tonneau.  At some point the
snap locations solidified and you can buy tops and tonneaux with the snaps
already installed.  This may have happened by the time they made the TR250.
Check and see if the new ones come with snaps installed.

But even if they do come with preinstalled snaps, these things shrink over
time.  I have a tonneau that used to fit my TR6 but no longer does.  The only
way to know for sure is to test fit it.  If it is cheap enough it may be worth
the risk.

Dave