battery chargers

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery chargers
From: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:30:53 -0400
I hook-up a "battery-maintainer" on my T/R 3 usually the middle of October,
and leave it connected until about April the following year, yes thats 24/7
for the next 6 months, I have no idea what these battery "experts" are talking
about "burning" a battery-up, I have no idea what the proper procedure is for
maintaining a dependable fully charged battery and I do not care to learn what
is incorrect about my method of maintaining my battery, I  mean afterall it's
only 12 years old and the 6 volt in the 31 Model A is only 14 years old, guess
they've never had the pleasure of being overcharged after all these years.
Many folks can offer advice on many different aspects of our hobby, but,
"NO-ONE" is a expert on "everything", I would like to read about "this is my
experience" rather than a "this is fact" remark.  "FT"