Re: America's Reliability Run donation plea

To: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Subject: Re: America's Reliability Run donation plea
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:31:25 -0700
> this year's America's British Reliability Run

> As you know, the run is a two-day, 700-mile endurance run

I know this is for charity but it is still an ostentatious name for just
a short jaunt.  If you want to claim a British car reliability run you
should be talking about a lap around the US at the minimum, preferably a
couple laps.

Both ways cross country is what a lot of people do just to attend the
VTR national convention.  A lot of people attending Triumphest can end
up going 700 miles plus each way.  700 miles is nothing for a British car.

Before the gas hike I took my 1960 Land Rover coast to coast just to
attend a weekend Land Rover meet. And that was less than half the
distance of the longest drive I've taken in the Land Rover.  I've taken
My TR3 on a few over 1500 mile trips.  And there are lots of people who
regularly put real miles on their British cars that make me look like a
low mileage driver.  My friend Nick Baggerly just took a pair of Land
Rovers around the world ... for the second time and for charity.

I agree it is an excellent cause and I'm sure the money will be well
spent, but I wish you could come up with another theme for that short a
drive.

TeriAnn
1960 Land Rover Dormobile
1961 Triumph TR3A