Emission Control Information

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Emission Control Information
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:35:27 -0400
    I bought a repro emissions sticker for the inner fender of my 76 TR6
(with an air pump).  I was just reading it and says to adjust carbs,
Disconnect and plug AI system(air injector I assume) downstream of the
diverter valve, vent pump to atmosphere, then balance throttles, and
adjust mixture.  Anyone do this?  Are they saying to unhook the large
hose or just disconnect the smaller vacuum line that controls the
diverter valve?  The air is pumped into the exhaust manifold, so this
maybe just for adjusting with a CO meter.  Thanks for any help.  John
Mitchell

PS.  Anyone have any luck getting the sticker on the fender without a
bunch of wrinkles?