Re: Emission Control Information

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emission Control Information
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:03:07 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/2005 10:49:02 PM Central Standard Time,
jmitch@snet.net writes:
>     I bought a repro emissions sticker for the inner fender of my 76 TR6
> (with an air pump).  I was just reading it and says to adjust carbs,
> Disconnect and plug AI system(air injector I assume) downstream of the
> diverter valve, vent pump to atmosphere, then balance throttles, and
> adjust mixture.  Anyone do this?  Are they saying to unhook the large
> hose or just disconnect the smaller vacuum line that controls the
> diverter valve?  The air is pumped into the exhaust manifold, so this
> maybe just for adjusting with a CO meter.  Thanks for any help.  John
> Mitchell

This means disconnect the large hose.  Then plug the line to the exhaust
manifold so that exhaust gas will not back up into the system that is not
designed
for those temperatures.  Then you adjust the CO reading to the specified
level.

You would be interested to see the CO level drop significantly after the air
system is restored.  I was.

Dave