Aaron Cropley's Clutch Survey-TR6

To: Acekraut11@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Aaron Cropley's Clutch Survey-TR6
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:31:39 EDT
Disclaimer:  No expert here and short on facts, but....

I have access to LuK Clutch Components and favor them based on long term
track experience. But that doesnt stop LuK from finding more inexpensive
suppliers
for low volume components, so I suspect no one really knows with certainty
what is going to come in that box. But I think I will stick with them.

LuK is a supplier to John Deere and John Deere is where I get my pension
check. That might be a factor in my decision.

If I needed a Clutch Kit for my TR3A, which also includes the TR4, I would
remanufacture. It is less expensive and the quality of rebuild and materials
may
very well be superior. I think so, anyway.

I'll be interested in Aaron's survery. There's always something to be
learned, especially in a changing environment of old parts.

Perhaps we will hear from Randall, on this.   Randall usually has a pretty
handle on facts...and Randall makes contributions to my pension check, too.  :-)

Joe (A)