RE: A little help??

To: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>, <TRsick@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: A little help??
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:54:19 -0400
The one thing to look at with the petronix is that with points, the car will
run fine even if the wires from the coil to the distributor are on backwards
(i.e. "+" is on the "-" post and the "-" is on the "+" post).  The points
may wear a bit quicker, but the car will still run.  If when you put in the
petronix you just followed suit as to where the previous wires were
connected, you will fry the unit.   I witnessed this happen at Carlisle one
year, and afterwards when it was figured out what happened, a few of us
walked around the many TR6s that were there to take a poll of incorrectly
wired coils, and the result was that about 60% were wired backwards, but
obviously were running on points.  I know you said that they were correct,
but just double check.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6