Re: TR6 Axle boots - advice needed.

To: "Steve Smith" <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Axle boots - advice needed.
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:41:58 -0400
Steve,
The IRS 4A's never had boots so I question their real value or need on the
6's. OTOH Triumph did put them there for a reason, I just question their
reason! They are dust covers only and not like the CV joint covers of
today's FWD cars. The U-J's are sealed units. Replace if you want and yes I
do think you need to pull the axle.
JVV