RE: PDWA replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: PDWA replacement
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 09:38:09 -0700
> I'm still torn between the rebuild kit and sending it to
> Apple.

FWIW, Bill, Nelson Riedel described finding that there were two different PDWAs.
They were externally similar and interchangeable, but took different rebuild
kits.  He wrote that one type of rebuild kit was not available (which of course
might not be true now), and as I recall, he made a new piston to allow the
available kit to be used in the other valve.

Also FWIW, my 71 Stag has the 5-port version of the PDWA, in cast iron rather
than brass.  If VB refuses to take yours back, you might be able to sell it to a
Stag owner. (but not me)

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org