HS6 carbs for TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS6 carbs for TR3A
From: "Richard Alexander" <RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:39:22 -0400
I have a pair of HS6 SU carbs in great shape that came with a bunch of parts
when I bought my 58 TR3A. Someone told me that these carbs (probably from a
TR4A) will work great on my TR3A if I have the TR4A manifold. My car is running
fine with the H6 carbs it has on it but the carbs have some air leaks at the
throttle shafts and really need to be rebuilt. This is going to be a winter
project but I am wondering if maybe switching to the newer carb would be an
improvement. I don't have a choke linkage for the HS6 units and would need to
obtain this as well as manifold and air filter housing. Any advice from the
list?
-rich-
TS26412

===     http://www.vtr.org