Re: HS6 carbs for TR3A

To: RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS6 carbs for TR3A
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:03:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2005 1:44:40 PM Central Standard Time,
RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu writes:
> I have a pair of HS6 SU carbs in great shape that came with a bunch of
> parts when I bought my 58 TR3A. Someone told me that these carbs (probably
>from a
> TR4A) will work great on my TR3A if I have the TR4A manifold. My car is
> running fine with the H6 carbs it has on it but the carbs have some air leaks
>at
> the throttle shafts and really need to be rebuilt. This is going to be a
> winter project but I am wondering if maybe switching to the newer carb would
>be
> an improvement. I don't have a choke linkage for the HS6 units and would need
> to obtain this as well as manifold and air filter housing. Any advice from
> the list?

If you can get the throttle and choke linkages from the TR4A from whence they
came you will be miles ahead.  I fabricated my own and it was a fair bit of
fiddly work with some resources I had available at the time (which are no
longer at my beck and call).

Dave
57 TR3 with HS6's from a Volvo

===     http://www.vtr.org