RE: One long trip

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One long trip
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:56:09 -0700
> I'm asking the list for advice on how to go about correcting this issue.
> Copper gaskets require a special spray that is designed to
> prevent any leaks
> since they don't squish like a paper gasket.  These gaskets can be reused,
> so what do I do now?

My suggestion would be to go back to a stock head gasket, after making sure
both the block deck and the head surface are flat.

There's a reason Mordy supplies that special sealer ... the solid copper
gaskets are harder to get to seal.  As I see it, why ask for trouble ?

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org