One long trip

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: One long trip
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 16:34:43 -0400
This good news is that this past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the
Southeastern Vintage Triumph Register's convention at Jekyll Island, GA.
The convention was a coordinated event between several clubs in the
Southeastern region including: The Georgia Triumph Association, The Temple
of Triumph, The Gold Coast Triumph Association, Triumph Club of North
Florida, The Central Coast Triumph Register, The Tampa Bay British Car Club
and the Triumph Club of the Carolinas.  The weekend was excellent and I
would like to take this opportunity to thank all involved for an great
gathering.

The bad news is that I had the worst drive of my Triumph life going down,
and despite working feverishly all during the weekend; I still had an issue
going home. But I did make it!  The one lingering issue is that I have a
head gasket leak that is causing the car to run a little hot.  I recently
had the head reworked and installed a copper head gasket instead of the
standard kind.  The bottom end of the engine remained untouched, except for
what I thought was a pretty good job of cleaning off of the old head gasket
residue and the use of some Barr's Stop-Leak.

I'm asking the list for advice on how to go about correcting this issue.
Copper gaskets require a special spray that is designed to prevent any leaks
since they don't squish like a paper gasket.  These gaskets can be reused,
so what do I do now?

Thanks in advance.

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>