Re: temperature sender

To: mhooper@digiscreen.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: temperature sender
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:01:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/2005 1:06:04 PM Central Standard Time,
mhooper@digiscreen.ca writes:
> My engine temperature gauge is reading 0 although my fuel gauge is
> working perfectly. It slowly died over a day or two. Connections all
> seem OK. Can anybody tell me the electrical characteristics of the
> engine temperature sender? I'd like to test it to be sure which needs to
> be replaced, gauge or sender.

The quick and dirty test is to turn the key to ON and pull the wire from the
sender and touch it to the engine block.  Under normal circumstances the gauge
will go full scale.  If yours goes full scale then it is most likely a bad
sender (which happens frequently enough)

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org