Re: temperature sender

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>,
Subject: Re: temperature sender
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:35:29 -0500
Mark,

I just ordered a new sending unit as mine recently started acting up.  It
didn't go all at once - periodically dropping to "0" more and more
frequently.  I checked and cleaned all the connections with no change.  As
in your situation, the fuel gauge remained functional.

I tested my gauge by grounding the lead from the sending unit.  This should
send the needle to the high side of the gauge, which it did in my case.  I
suppose you could also measure the resistance of the sending unit while
alternately placing it in hot and cold water.  The resistance should go down
as the temperature rises, but if you can confirm the gauge is working by
grounding the lead to the sending unit, there's really no need to do this
IMHO.

I hope this helps.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas