RE: TR4 live axle tube shock conversion

To: "TR" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 live axle tube shock conversion
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:31:49 -0700
> I was searching ebay, and I ran across the following item #457976195

I'm guessing you meant 4579776195
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4579776195

>  Anyone have any comments?

Well, I can spot at least two, maybe 3 outright lies in the ad.  It's not the
only kit available, and you cannot copyright such things, and I would personally
bet money that they have not applied for a patent.

Whether you want to believe the other claims is up to you.  But I'd also bet
they won't fit with 205 tires on a TR2.  And I do not believe that tube shocks
are inherently superior to lever shocks.  Just try changing the valve rate on a
tube shock with a 15 cent spring !

YMMV of course
Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org