TR4A Chassis Parts

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Chassis Parts
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 01:21:53 -0400
Chassis Restoration questions for the list,
I am getting close to finishing up my TR4A engine rebuild in spite of bad
parts. The last major component to rebuild is the chassis and I have a few
questions for you.
1. Has anybody had any experience with The Roadster Factory front suspension
kits? Seems like a good deal right now.
2. I am considering converting my steering rack mounts to solid aluminum but
have heard some of the kits out there crack over a period of time. Would it
be better to just go to Poly or some other material. From what I have heard,
the stock rubber rack mounts should be a last choice. If I use Poly mounts,
do I still have to preload the rack mounts and if so how is that done these
days?
3. I am considering changing from the stock 60 spoke wire wheels to the
Konig (minilite type) wheels. Did anybody ever buy a set of these? If so,
what do you think of them and what size did you get?
That is about it I think unless anybody has any other suggestions. I am
planning on driving the car as much as possible weather permitting when it
is done if that helps.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
Cincinnati, OH