Re: Stupid compression ratio question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid compression ratio question
From: "Wayne Lee" <motorcarriage@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:32:41 -0400
{

"Can I calculate my compression ratio from a
 compression test?  Is 165 lbs cranking compression =
11.22: 1 (165/14.7 lbs/in at sea level)? "

 If not, how can I calculate the CR without removing
 and cc'ing the head?

 Thanks for your help!
 Steve
)

No you can't figure compression ratio with that formula or any others with a
compression gauge.
Too many variables, all would depend on volumetric efficiency.

The only way to attempt getting a C/R reading is when you know the specific
volume of a cylinder /Bore&Stroke,,,,
and there is a clear way to CC the volume of the Cylinder at Bottom Dead
Center to the uppermost area of the Combustion Chamber.

Works on cars with Spark Plug holes TDC like Alfa,Jag etc...

Regards,
Wayne Lee
64+65 Land Rover 109 Regulars
58 TR3A  #TS25248 L