Re: Stupid compression ratio question

To: dogzbody1@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid compression ratio question
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:25:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/05 1:50:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dogzbody1@yahoo.com writes:

<< Can I calculate my compression ratio from a
 compression test?  Is 165 lbs cranking compression =
 11.22: 1 (165/14.7 lbs/in at sea level)?

Can't get there from here with that information.   Compression pressure is
affected by cam duration and cam timing.

A few things to try.

Make a accurate measurement from the valve cover rail on the head to the
surface of the head.  Or measure from a manifold bolt to the head surface.
Compare these measurements to a stock or known shaved head.

Another method is called a whistler.  This is made by Katech
http://www.katechengines.com/corporate_services/whistler.php
and is used by many circle track , drag race tech departments.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org