RE: Tme to replace the generator-another Update

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tme to replace the generator-another Update
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:07:34 -0700
> I tried to field it, touched a hot lead to the F terminal, right?

Yup, that's right.

> I did the
> tests in the book - voltmeter and ammeter at the generator and on the "F"
> and "D" lines at the voltage regulator and it does pass, although I can't
> seem to get it up more than 13 or 14 volts (could be the cheap multimeters).

Are you talking about the field current test, with the ammeter between the F and
D terminals ?  or the output current test with F jumpered to D and the ammeter
between D and the battery ?  If it's the former, and you can't get more than 13
or 14 volts, then something is wrong.  If it's the latter, then that would be
normal as long as you can get 20 amps or so out of it.

Did you check the armature for being shorted to ground while you had it apart ?

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org