Triumphest ...

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphest ...
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:57:09 -0700
Hi  folks,
        Casper, Rosey, and Shadow successfully completed our trip to
Triumphest yesterday.  1186 miles total.  No problems with either of
the cars, AnnaBelle drove Rosey (TR6) through Los Angeles on I-15
both ways like a real trouper ... who says TR6s are for men only ...
Casper (TR3) averaged 30+ mpg, and Rosey 27+ mpg, we were very happy
with that.
        We enjoyed Triumphest , although we must agree that the
Hotel Staff was,  for  want of a better word "indifferent".  My
friend has a heart condition and after check-in was reading the
hotel "rules".  One of which was "in case of emergency, dial  0" so
he did ... after many rings the phone was picked up and then
promptly hung up.  So much for emergency.
        The Fukana was great, although the Sixes, had no  chance  ...
it was definitely a TR3,  Spitfire, Herald course ... we decided to
forgo the Rallye, as the Drive had taken us through much of the city,
and would not be all that fun in a TR .  Instead we opted for Speed
Week in Coronado on Saturday afternoon.  With our VIP parking we had
a great time, vintage  race cars from pre-1955 to 1965 brought back
many happy memories of racing when we were young and foolish.
        Everything  from Lotus 11, to 427 Cobras were racing.  Great
fun in the first race when an Alfa 2300 TC was chased and finally
caught by a Shannon Crosley Special ... that is right a CROSELY
engine, and there  was even a hot  Berkley (how many remember that
one).
        The big bore race was all Cobra, with two hot shoes swapping
the  lead  two or three times every lap.  All in All I have to say it
was the highlight of the  weekend for us.
        OH ... there was one (1) problem with Casper, when we changed
drivers for the last time my friend John, who is much bigger than me,
put the seat so far back it came off the rails ... <G> I had  to
unbolt the runners from the  rails and within 10 minutes we were on
our way again ... and for the UBSCC lurkers ... I did it ALL myself
... no "chicken"  offense here.
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L