Re: TR6 rocker shaft / oil circulation

To: rtedder101@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 rocker shaft / oil circulation
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:35:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/2005 4:15:18 PM Central Standard Time,
rtedder101@cox.net writes:
> I am in the process of doing the final startup preparations for my engine.
> I pulled the distributor and turned the oil pump to fill the filter and
> circulate oil through the system.  However, I didn't get any oil coming out
> of the rocker arms.  I pulled off the external feed line to the head, and
> had oil there when I turned the pump.  Next, I pulled the rocker shaft, and
> had oil coming out of the oil hole in the rear pedestal when I turned the
> pump.  I then reinstalled the rocker shaft and turned the pump.  Nothing.
> However, if I slide the rocker arm to the side (ie compress the spring) and
> turn the pump, oil comes out of the bottom of the rocker shaft (where the
> feed holes are).

Maybe you haven't filled the shaft up yet.  That may take a few minutes at
the speed you are turning.  But it sounds like you have verified flow to the
rocker and if you squirt a little bit of oil on the rockers (if you haven't
already during assembly) they will have ample to last until the feed fills up
the
shaft.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org