Re: TR6 rocker shaft / oil circulation

To: "Ray Tedder" <rtedder101@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 rocker shaft / oil circulation
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:47:45 -0400
Ray-
    When I fired mine up for the first time, it took a few anxious minutes
until I had what I thought was an ample flow of oil from the top side of the
rockers. I too had an external feed attached. I think Dave is right, it
takes a while to fill the rocker shaft. The other thing to check is that
while you run the oil pump to build pressure, make sure that you do not have
oil flowing out from the base of the most rearward rocker shaft pedestal.
This would prevent the oil from going to the rocker shaft and it needs to
have a good seal.
Good luck,
Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6