Cylinder Head Retorquing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cylinder Head Retorquing
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:35:26 EDT
I just clamped on my cylinder head after replacing a blown head gasket  on
the TR3A.  I've been advised to retorque the head after about 250 miles  or so.

Just curious...what's most important here...achieving a series of warm  ups
and cool downs, or putting miles on the car?  If it's the former,
approximately how many ups and downs are advised before retorquing?  If  it's
the miles,
can they be done in one or two runs, or do they need to be  in smaller chunks?
Maybe it's both?

Ready to roll...

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A