RE: Battery Testing - Consumer Reports (little LBC content)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Battery Testing - Consumer Reports (little LBC content)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:07:56 -0700
> So, just how is CR's "card stacking" different from (per the Bose
> example above) anyone else's? :-) CR apparently wants to sell
> magazines,

Because CR makes a "big deal" out of how independent and impartial they are.
The results of their "impartial" testing are the only product they have to sell
... if it turns out their testing isn't impartial then why would anyone want to
buy their magazine ?  Worse yet it's false advertising and borders on fraud.

> Heck, if any and all "testing" fails to yield desired results, one can
> still count on the ad agency to come up with something like "the
> Fireball XL5 leads its class in ease of operation of courtesy light
> switches...."

Which at least has the advantage of being true (presumably).  To me, at least,
that's a lot different than falsifying test results.  Or lying about taking
money from outside interests.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org