Re: Fuse ratings

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuse ratings
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:16:31 -0700
Randall wrote:

>... I feel even this chart results in fuses rather larger than needed,
>so for example I use an AGC 20 to replace the original "35 amp" fuse in my
>TR3A.

Me too, but to preserve an original look (since on a TR3A the fuses are
in plain sight) I like to open up one end of the fuse by heating the
cap, slip in a piece of paper simulating a period Lucas fuse, then
button it up again.

For anyone with long winter nights and nothing better to do here are
suitable labels you can print.  They look big but should print in the
correct size.

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/fuse%20label%2050.JPG
http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/fuse%20label%2035.JPG

I believe the 50a were on yellow paper and the 35a were on white paper
that has usually turned to beige thru the years -- a bit of tea or
coffee brings out the right tone perhaps.

You may need an AGC 20 as Randall suggests, but if you can get by with
an AGC 14 you may find it has a slightly shorter length similar to the
old Lucas fuses.

Geo Hahn