RE: Fuse ratings

To: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, "TR"
Subject: RE: Fuse ratings
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:35:53 -0700
> You may need an AGC 20 as Randall suggests, but if you can get by with
> an AGC 14 you may find it has a slightly shorter length similar to the
> old Lucas fuses.

All AGC series fuses have the same 1-1/4" (31.8mm) length .  I suspect Geo
is thinking of an SFE series fuse (which have different lengths for the
different ratings).  An SFE-14 is 1-1/16" (27mm) long.

It's possible you might get by with it on a TR3, but I have a feeling it
will blow if you happen to use all the things it powers at the same time
(wipers, brake lights, turn signals, heater, fuel gauge).  TRF supposedly
has a large supply of properly sized, and rated, 35 amp "Lucas" fuses in
stock, so IMO it would be better to start with one of those.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org