RE: Fenders on or off?

To: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>, amcewen2@cogeco.ca,
Subject: RE: Fenders on or off?
From: amcewen2@cogeco.ca
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:17:42 -0400
> My thoughts are:
>
> How do they expect to paint the mating surfaces of the
> fenders and body?  If they are going to "jam" the
> fenders and body, then it is OK.

Body panels would be primed before assembly I'd imagine (I'll get that
confirmed before they start) and then the chrome
fender bead masked before paint.  I don't really care what colour the mated
surface is the paint is only there for
protective purposes.  The same is true of say the inner bulkhead area between
the door and wheel well.

I would imagine over spray of the suspension would be more of a problem with
their method but maybe not.

Thanks all

===     http://www.vtr.org