RE: Harvey, Kurtis, thermostats- no LBC

To: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>, "triumph list"
Subject: RE: Harvey, Kurtis, thermostats- no LBC
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:20:14 -0700
> I've been using a Gmail account for my list e-mail for several months now,
> and I've noticed that it behaves a little differently than the old account I
> was using.  The biggest difference is that if I send an e-mail to the list
> using Outlook Express, I won't receive a copy of the e-mail I sent through
> the list in my Outlook in box.  If I send it through the normal web based
> Gmail interface, I will.  Does that make sense?

It shouldn't, but the list server is sensitive to your "from" address.  If the
"from" address doesn't match your subscribed address exactly, the list server
will not accept  list posts.  I'm not sure what it does with the "reply to"
address if it's different than "from".

I use Outlook (not Express), and when I don't get a copy of my message back, it
generally means my message was rejected by the list server for some reason.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org