T543923L (note DMV error)

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: T543923L (note DMV error)
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:36:03 -0400
Somewhere along the line, somebody misread the "TS" as a T5" and that's what
the vehicle title shows.

I inquired at the Virginia DMV (not an organization regaled for its
flexibility) about how I could go about "fixing" this mistake.

I was told that, prior to submitting an application for a title for a newly
purchased vehicle, I can request that the state police perform a "VIN Check"
on the vehicle and that they have an appropriate form I can submit to the
DMV. This process doesn't work, it seems, if I have already titled the
vehicle in my name.

I haven't done this yet since I've just purchased another vehicle with a
similar title error and I only want to have a single visit with a trooper (I
always feel like I'm going to get some kind of ticket).

Any comments or advice?

--
Hoyt
1954 TR2   TS561L