RE: T543923L (note DMV error)

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: T543923L (note DMV error)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:20:35 -0700
> I was told that, prior to submitting an application for a title for a newly
> purchased vehicle, I can request that the state police perform a "VIN Check"
> on the vehicle and that they have an appropriate form I can submit to the
> DMV. This process doesn't work, it seems, if I have already titled the
> vehicle in my name.

No doubt each state is different.  Here in CA, I discovered that the title to my
TR3A had a completely wrong VIN number on it, many years after buying the car.
I drove the car to the DMV, they inspected the VIN number, and I got a new title
showing the correct number in the mail about a month later.  Took about an hour,
and cost $8 as I recall.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org