PERMANENT Clear POR15?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: PERMANENT Clear POR15?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:23:54 -0400
Hello,
I sprayed my TR3's engine compartment with POR15 CLEAR paint.  Originally,
this compartment was spa white.  While I know that this clear is suppose to
be painted over with a cover coat to block the light, I kinda like this
'yellowed' look- it adds character!  I realize that I am jeopardizing it's
rust preventative quality by leaving it this way.   Has anyone seen what
this combination, (spa white covered w/ clear por15), will look like in 5
years?  Will it have any rust preventative quality by then?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

===     http://www.vtr.org