Good Day

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Good Day
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:11:34 -0700
Our clubs  annual  "Teddy  Bear  Run"  was today,  for  the
Sacramento  Children's  Receiving Home.  We had tons  of  toys  and
teddy bears,  10 LBCs including of course  Triumphs (4) Jaguar ,
Sunbeam  Alpine, Cooper  Mini (new) a  DeLorean (whose gull  wings
got  quite  a  workout).
The  kids had  a  great time honking horns  and  rowing  steering
wheels,  those  that wanted got  a  Polaroid of themselves  in the
car of their choice.
But  the  folks  that got  the  most  out of  the  day  were  my
fellow  club members ...  so see  a  lifeless  face  turn  into  a
big  smile,  and a shy introverted  kid turn  into  a car hopping,
horn tooting cool  kid was  enough  to bring  tears  to a few eyes
... after  all  these  kids had  been removed   from  their  homes,
and  have  no  idea what the  next day,week, month,  year  had  in
store  for  them  was  very moving .
Even the weather was  great clear blue sky, and  75  F  ...

Glorious Day ...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L