drive shaft universals, TR4 dash

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: drive shaft universals, TR4 dash
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:07:37 -0400
Just had a fun time removing the universals from the TR4 drive shaft. Only one
set of bearings came off via the workshop manual method. The other 3 had to
be driven off with an aluminum drift as not to damage the assembly.

Upon reassembly would it be ok to use some anti-seize along the bearing
holders? Just in case I have to do this again some day.

Also worked on the dash today. THe existing paint job was brush painted by the
DPO.  The glove box door had more coats then some of my house windows when I
first moved in.

I want to restore as original with white paint. What would be the best to use,
just a flat white? Satin? What is the best method? Multiple coats followed by
light sanding, steel wool? What brand would work out best?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4