Re: Spitfire carb woes....

To: fred thomas <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire carb woes....
From: Kurtis Jones <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:10:57 -0500
On 10/23/05, fred thomas <frede.thomas2@verizon.net> wrote:
> > ==AM==
> > Or as the great Dick O'Kane wrote: "Carburetor is a French word meaning
> > 'leave it alone.' "
> >

> > --Andy Mace
>
>=======================================================================================
> Great reply sir.  "FT"

I'm a firm believer in the old adage that 95% of carburetor problems
are electrical.  By rule, this advice would certainly seem sound 95%
of the time; however, last winter I discovered after rebuilding the
SUs on my TR4 that 5% of the time it really is the carburetors.

The trick, as with most cases in life, is knowing when to say when. ;)

--
Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas

===     http://www.vtr.org