Fw: tr3 leaf springs

To: "list" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: tr3 leaf springs
From: "Randy Homanchuk" <rhomer@porchlight.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:58:51 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Homanchuk
To: triumpjhs@autox.net
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:39 AM
Subject: tr3 leaf springs

Hello list when restoring a leaf spring(s) as on a tr3,has anyone have
experience in painting the rear leaf springs? Can they be safely taken
apart,painted with a good rust paint and re-assembled  at home? or should this
job be better taken to automotive spring shop? I would doubt that they would
use por15  to paint them? also I see that the thin straps that bundle the
individual leafs are not even listed by the big three, prehaps just paint the
entire spring while all together as single unit? leave them alone ie. do not
paint? I do plan replace the bushingsThanks in advance Randy

===     http://www.vtr.org