Re: USA Source for Smith & Deakin fiberglass body panels?

To: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>, Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: USA Source for Smith & Deakin fiberglass body panels?
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:13:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net> wrote:

> http://www.smithanddeakin.co.uk/index.htm
>
> Example: Front Apron 2-3-3A  #118.25 (US$217.77) [plus VAT and shipping]
>
> Is there a USA source for Smith & Deakin fiberglass body panels?
> Any experience with these panels?
>
> --
> Hoyt
> 1954 TR2   TS561L
> 1959 TR3A  TS33111L
> 1960 TR3A  T543923L (note DMV error)
> 1960 TR3A  TS74076L
> 1961 TR3A  TS63304L

Hi Hoyt,

I don't know of any local sources for Smith & Deakin, but if you're looking for
fiberglass panels you could try Smoothline (www.smoothline.com)  Although they
no longer list them on the website, they do still make body panels for
Triumphs.  NFI, just a satisfied customer.

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"
Little Rock, AR