Re: Paint Codes

To: Terry Smith <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Codes
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:17:06 -0400
Terry Smith wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> Visited my bodyshop guy today.  My choice of colors for my TR3A restoration
> was going to be royal blue.  I looked up the paint numbers on the internet,
> gave them to him, and he's found out his paint suppliers can't duplicate that
> anymore.  They seem to have tossed it all.
>
> Anybody have the modern equivalent of the old TR royal blue (from the TR-4's I
> think).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Terry Smith
> New Hampshire

It's true they can't duplicate it with the modern paints. But they should be
able to cross reference
it to a "blendable" modern color. I believe the color is Chrysler night watch
blue. I don't have the
color code handy.

A blendable color means you could paint part of the car and not see the
difference in color.

Don Malling

===     http://www.vtr.org