Re: Zentih Stromberg 175 applications

To: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Zentih Stromberg 175 applications
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:04:30 EDT
In a message dated 24-Oct-05 08:47:50 Eastern Daylight Time,
lee.k.janssen@lmco.com writes:
Could anyone tell me what cars were fitted with Zentih Stromberg 175 carbs
Thanks Much
Lee

TR4's had ZS carbs.  First TR4's came equipped with SU's.  My research shows
that Triumph switched to ZS carbs at engine number 16801E to 16900E.  For some
reason, conjecture says contractual, from 16901E to 21470E they went back to
SU's.  But once that contractual reason was solved they went back to ZS's at
21471E and stayed with them until the end of the TR4 run at CT40304 (sorry I
don't know what the engine number was on that car).

TR4A's also had ZS carbs from CT(C)50006 through CT(C)62190 when Triumph went
back to SU HS6 carbs.

TR250's and TR6's also had ZS carbs although the carbs were different types
than the earlier ones.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant

===     http://www.vtr.org