74 TR6 Stuck Hood - Continued

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 TR6 Stuck Hood - Continued
From: gganoung@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:36:34 -0400
Spent half a day trying to get the hood unstuck.  Tried all the suggestions
that you guys sent.  Thanks.

I was able to pry up the corner of the hood (toward the windshield) and was
able to see that the secondary latch is badly jammed.  Im going to try to find
a VERY long screw driver that I hope will reach.  In trying that, I managed to
dimple the fender and may have sprung the hood!  Can someone tell me what the
secondary latch hooks under?  Mine appears to be stuck under a bolt but I can?t
remember for sure.

Second, I pulled out the right side headlite assembly to try to get the hinge
undone.  There are 2 bolts visible with nuts on each.  I was able to loosen the
nut toward the rear of the car very easily, but managed to round the points of
the nut in trying to get it off.  Could the nut be welded to the bracket or
should it come off?

Third, in looking up toward the hood from underneath, I was able to see 3 of
the screws that hold the hood to the bracket.  In the Haynes manual it looks
like there are 4, the 4th being on a slant which I cannot see from the bottom.
Any thoughts on this approach?

I have visions of my body man taking a saw to the hood to get it off.  Hope I
don?t have to that route.  Anybody have any thoughts on my predicament?

Thanks
Gary

===     http://www.vtr.org