problem with TR3 thermo remova

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumph List)
Subject: problem with TR3 thermo remova
From: harvoc@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:46:03 +0000
While trying to remove the thermostat, I discovered that the temperature guage
capillary tube was "fused" to the housing.  I am not sure what kind of stuff
was
used to "cement" it into the housing, but given the delicate nature of the tube
and bulb, I did not want to pry it out.

I could get the thermo out by leaving the tube attached, except that the
housing,  stud bolts, and outlet cover are also fused together, requiring some
bench work, and leaving at present the thermo inaccessible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?
Thanks in advance,
Harvey
New Haven, CT

===     http://www.vtr.org