Re: I'm putting a 1.9 TDI turbo in my TR like TeriAnn . . .

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I'm putting a 1.9 TDI turbo in my TR like TeriAnn . . .
From: Steve Smith <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
I knew a gentleman in Walnut Creek CA with a Twin Cam
Toyota motor and 5 speed in an MGB, couldn't tell from
the outside but once the twin Mikunis started sucking
you knew something was up.  Nice conversion too,
nothing that couldn't be undone and current exhaust
know how lets you pick the sound you want to make (or
not make).

Why not something similar for a TR? A Corolla GTS
drivetrain would make a nice package for an early TR
and a Supra '6' for a TR250/5/6.  More power, cleaner
burning (sans Mikunis!), no valve train noise, no
cross shaft woes and all with the Brit styling, well
Italian or German in the TR's case. See already a
multi-national effort!  (Who owns the thrust washers?)

Someday I figure this will be forced on us anyway with
emmissions regulations etc, not a bad thing I guess,
no my other car isn't a Prius but I do think about the
planet that we hand over so when when the 2.5 litre
dies...

And HVA already makes the transmission mounts!

Now, any ideas of a decent Toyota swap for a Boss
Mustang or big block Challenger?

http://farechase.yahoo.com

===     http://www.vtr.org