Re: TR4 Crash pad replacement

To: "Andreas and Jim" <diggle@clear.net.nz>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Crash pad replacement
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:14:33 -0500
Yes , you have to remove the windscreen.

Undo the two nuts and washer underneath the dash on each side.
Remove the three bolts, which secure it on the inside at the base of the
windscreen.
With another person , rock it back and forth till it loosens up and lift it
away.
Mine was fairly easy, but I've heard on some northern cars that it takes a
bit of coaxing.

You will also have to remove the dash.

Instructions are also in the Haynes manuel or in the bently.

Al Salvatore
www.triumphowners.com/624