Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quizz Answers ... NO LBC
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:46:16 -0500
On Friday 09 December 2005 02:28, Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:
> 23. *, pound

The word "pound" for the symbol is incorrect in this uasge; it is an
"octothorpe".

However, the ITU-T (the group 'officially" in charge of this stuff and their
spec is E.161 3.2.2) refers to the symbols respectively as "star" and
"square". I think the Europeans just didn't like the USA origin of
"octothorpe".

I got all 20 correct. Please send help as soon as possible . . .

--
Hoyt
1954 TR2   TS561L

===     http://www.vtr.org